There are no products in your cart. Perhaps the item you chose is sold out.
YEAR ROUND SALES ASSOCIATE
Do you love working with people? Are you interested in nature and design? Would you enjoy being part of a fun and hardworking team? Daytrip Society and Daytrip Jr. are looking for an experienced retail associate who is available to join our team year round. Our ideal candidate has a positive outlook, enjoys talking to people and loves our products and store. They should also have an eye for design and a lot of energy for a fast-paced retail environment!
- Greet and socialize with customers
- Offer excellent customer service without being overbearing
- Assist customers with products and make suggestions for purchases
- Maintaining a neat and orderly sales floor
- Restocking merchandise
- Organizing backstock
- Occasional cleaning (vacuuming, mopping, dusting, taking out trash)
SKILLS & REQUIREMENTS:
- Ability to multitask and complete assigned projects in a quick and efficient manner
- Strong computer proficiency with the Mac OSX system
- Positive attitude
- Strong work ethic and motivation
- Comfortable with answering and talking on the phone (and taking messages)
- Willingness to go above and beyond when needed
- Love for nature and design
MORE ABOUT DAYTRIP SOCIETY:
This position is located at our stores in historic Kennebunkport, Maine (Daytrip Jr. is a short walk around the corner from Daytrip Society). We are 1.5 hours from Boston, 25 minutes from Portland, and beaches are located mere minutes from the shops! Daytrip Society is a design store that inspires adventure and wanderlust with Daytrip Jr. being it’s “younger sibling,” carrying baby and kids product and apparel. We’ve been featured in several national publications, including Coastal Living, GOOP, Martha Stewart Living, and the Boston Globe. Recently, Daytrip Society won the Down East Magazine 2019 Readers Choice award for "Best Gift Store" and Daytrip Jr. won "Best Toy Store." We love celebrating the concept of the store, so you will often find our staff daytripping together to local nature preserves and beaches, flea markets, and other activities in the area.